Just switched from IOS to android and used the smartswitch and kies to transfer all data and apps. However, my new phone has been updating messages for the past 24 hours and is only at 49% complete. Also, my txting capabilities are very slow and am not receiving the messages. I have a notification that I received a message but it is not showing up in my messages. Any suggestions on stopping this updating process and/or making it quicker? Any suggestions on why my txting capabilities are diminished?
    10-26-2014 03:00 PM
    1) You did disconnect your iPhone from your iMessage account, right? If not, go to a Genius Bar and ask them for help in doing it (now that your iPhone is probably not on your carrier's account).

2) Anyone sending you a text through iMessage has to send you at least one marked to be sent as an SMS. Android and Windows phones can't receive iMessages - that's a proprietary Apple protocol.

3) If you have a lot of texts sitting out there in the cloud, it's going to take a long time to retrieve all of them. As for making it go quicker, no. It depends on the carrier, the density of traffic on the tower, the density of traffic on the internet, etc.
    10-26-2014 03:47 PM