Hi guys. This is my first post on android central and im a noob really when it comes to rooting. I rooted my Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 about a month ago using CF-Auto root through Odin. The root was successful and the SuperSU app had installed on my phone. I checked to see if my root was successful by using root checker and it was, until yesterday when I updated the SuperSU app to v2.16
    I was told to update my binaries and I chose to do it through the 'normal' method as opposed to through CWM/TWRP. It took longer than 5 mins and then once it finished I was presented with the following message 'there is no superSU binary installed and superSU could not install them. This is a problem! So now I'm baffled as to what to do as my phone is still running the xposed modules. I haven't dared reboot fearing a bootloop.
    Would greatly appreciate answers. Thanks G

Posted via Android Central App
    10-27-2014 11:35 AM
    Some Xposed modules don't require root. I'd root again, using the original CF-Autoroot file you used before. As of Saturday (the latest word from Chainfire), there are still a few kinks showing up in 2.16, so you shouldn't update past the one CF-Autoroot installs. (The latest one in the Play Store - and I assume that's the latest known-stable one - is 2.01. I've been using it for a long time now with no problems.) You might want to leave Chainfire a note about which phone you're using and what happened, so he can add it to his list of things to fix. You can send him a private message from Chainfire - Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? - Netherlands - XDA Forums (I don't know if he has any other site set up for comments on beta releases.)
    10-27-2014 12:32 PM
    Thank you. So what should I do with the SuperSU app? Should i delete it and then reroot using the CF-Autoroot file. Or could I just restore a backup on CWM to a time when I had the non-updated version of SuperSU ?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-27-2014 01:16 PM