Hello,

I recently bought a Samsung Bluetooth Keyboard from an Amazon marketplace seller. It was supposed to be new in box but came with no box, batteries, or anything besides keyboard mailed in an envelope. The serial number was also scratched off. I have already contacted Amazon about this, but I am wondering, since this already seems a little shady, if the seller could have placed a keylogger on the keyboard, either physically or virtually. While I am fairly tech savvy, I don't know if that is possible, and if so, is there a way to tell. Can some part of the Bluetooth connection allow transmittal or installation of a keylogger? Or am I just being paranoid?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-27-2014 12:44 PM
    Technically it'll could be possible. Since you are already in the process to return it, or hopefully get your money back, I'd suggest not using it and get another in the meantime.
    10-27-2014 02:01 PM
    At first glance, I'd say that the effort they'd have to put in to place for it to be a key logger would simply not be worth their effort. Really not worth their time.

However, that being said... I'd return it anyway, and file a dispute with Amazon since the item in question was misrepresented.

Penned via Tapatalk
    10-27-2014 02:44 PM
    I did file a dispute from Amazon, who promised no matter what the seller's response is, they will refund. I want ahead and ordered from another seller. I had already used the keyboard, but only for a few minutes before a keylogger occurred to me. Like I said, I'm fairly tech savvy, but couldn't find anything that tells me if somehow a keylogger could be transmitted through that Bluetooth connection to my tablet and run then from the tablet.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-27-2014 03:07 PM