Which Motorola G has a micro SD slot?

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Motorola G variants

Recently volunteered to research this phone. Big mistake. How many non-CDMA models are there of this phone--two or three? I know 2013 had one that does up to HSPA+, but does 2014 have one that does up to LTE, or one up to HSPA+ and one up to LTE (so two for the year?) And which one(s) of these has a micro SD slot?

I would also appreciate model numbers and corresponding pricing (Amazon's is fine...if they have all the models) so that I can keep track of which is which. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Motorola G variants

Here's a comparison of the original Moto G (up to HSPA+, no SD slot), the Moto G LTE (with SD slot), and the 2nd gen Moto G (up to HSPA+, with SD slot).

Motorola Moto G vs Motorola Moto G LTE vs Motorola Moto G (2014) - Phone specs comparison

This Motorola site shows you the specs of the different 1st generation Moto G's: Moto G (1st Gen.) by Motorola. There's a US GSM model, a global GSM model, and a CDMA model. It looks like there's only a US GSM model of the Moto G LTE.

On this Motorola site, you can see that the 2nd gen Moto G comes in a US GSM model and a global GSM model. Moto G (2nd Gen.)

Sorry, but the Moto sites don't mention the exact model numbers.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Is it pointless at this time then to pick the 1st gen variant over the 2nd gen (non-LTE?) IOW, price notwithstanding, are there any redeeming qualities in the 1st gen over the 2nd? Battery life, maybe? I see the 2nd gen is a larger screen powered by the same 2070 mAh battery.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

There is actually one advantage of the 1st gen--the availability of a 16 GB model. Sorry, but that comparison link I posted above is not entirely accurate (which can happen with Phonearena). The 2nd gen Moto G only comes in an 8 GB variety (at least in the US). You can see by looking at the official Moto sites.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Ehh 16GB no micro SD vs. 8GB with a micro SD slot. I think the preference would be for the latter. But thanks for pointing that out.

Any idea about battery life? Is one exceptionally better than the other two?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Not sure about that. Probably best to check out some reviews. I'm not currently able to search that effectively.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.