Hello. I bought a Sprint Nexus 5 on craigslist and didn't give to much thought on buying it because ive read its an unlocked phone and I got a pretty good deal on it. So I get home and pop in my tmobile/Family mobile sim card and it didn't work, AND BY DIDNT WORK I mean that after poppin in my simcard that I have been using on my nexus 4 that is actually unlocked, with the family mobile service, which uses Tmobiles signals or service it says emergency calls only, and its says no service. when I go to about phone it says my phone number on it so I know that its reading the simcard just fine. its just something wrong with the connection or something. so after countless hours of trying new apns and reading about switching carriers from sprint to tmobile, I still haven't found a way to use my sprint nexus 5 with my tmobile sim. so my question is, is there a way to connect my new phone?
    10-28-2014 08:19 PM
    I would have thought it would have worked that way. Sprint may need to unlock it, and you might need the original seller to do that for you. Hopefully it isn't blacklisted for any reason.
    10-28-2014 10:31 PM
    Thw question is what does "didn't work" mean? Did it ask for the unlock code when you put in the TNobile SIM? If not, it's unlocked.

TMobile uses 1700/1900/2100 for voice (connecting to the network, phone calls and text) while the Nexus 5 has 850/900/1800/1900, so the lack of 1700 and 2100 frequency coverage may be causing your problem. (The 3G and 4G frequencies are okay.)
    Devyy Lee likes this.
    10-28-2014 11:34 PM
    sorry I just revised my question...
    10-29-2014 12:48 AM
    I'm at a loss, since the 4 and 5 cover the same frequencies. Since it doesn't ask for an unlock code, it's probably unlocked. (And you're not going to get technical help from Walmart, although you might try going into a TMobile store and see if they can/will help you.)
    10-29-2014 12:39 PM
    I'm at a loss, since the 4 and 5 cover the same frequencies. Since it doesn't ask for an unlock code, it's probably unlocked. (And you're not going to get technical help from Walmart, although you might try going into a TMobile store and see if they can/will help you.)
    10-29-2014 12:45 PM