First off I'd like to say I have TRULY been looking everywhere on the internet for a solution and I can't find one. I suspect it's because my phone isn't a common one! PLEASE help me guys I don't want to be stuck with only 1GB for apps!

I also should mention that I do NOT have an option in the application settings menu to move apps to sd card!

Hey guys I just got my first ever Android phone yesterday! It's a Cubot s308 with 16GB of ROM. I got an error trying to download an app saying I had no more space. I checked and noticed my internal storage is almost full (1GB), but my phone storage has plenty of space (16GB). My default write disk is also my phone storage. How do I save apps to my phone storage instead of my internal storage? Thanks in advance guys! 
    10-28-2014 08:31 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Your situation is common with older phones that have small app installation partitions. See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-warnings.html
    10-28-2014 08:54 PM
    If by phone storage, you mean the ROM, you don't store apps there, that's for the operating system kernel, Android, etc. As B. Diddy said, that's a common problem with older phones. The reason you haven't found any solution is because the only one is a ROM that uses the external SD card as internal memory, and not many people do that to ROMs (because you have to actually know what you're doing, instead of a lot of ROMs people "develop" that are basically stock with a new look and the bloat removed). Since it's such an uncommon phone, I doubt that you'd find a ROM like that for it.
    10-28-2014 11:58 PM
    Then what is the point of 16GB of ROM? The operating system doesn't need that much storage. So the rest is just wasted? Didn't my phone allocate 1GB of the 16GB of ROM as internal memory, therefore making it possible to store apps there? I just switched form iPhone and it's kind of disappointing that they advertised 16GB of ROM that I can't do anything with.
    10-29-2014 02:43 PM
    Part of the 16GB is partitioned as the system partition. Part of it is the recovery partition. Part of it is for apps to store their data from one run to the next. Part of it may be a phony SD card (sd0 is now internal storage, the external card is sd1). The rest is for apps.

It's like a car that advertises 40mpg. You drive it to the corner every morning, and back home every evening, and you get 18mpg. There's "fine print" in every specification.
    Etrain75 likes this.
    10-29-2014 04:33 PM
    If you got a newer device, you wouldn't face this issue, since newer devices have unified storage, where the entire Internal Storage is typically available for both app installation as well as data storage. Your device uses an obsolete method of partitioning. The main advantage was that you could mount the "internal SD" as an external USB hard drive when connecting to a computer. With unified storage, you have to use MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), which doesn't make every folder viewable on the computer.
    Etrain75 likes this.
    10-29-2014 05:40 PM
    If you got a newer device, you wouldn't face this issue, since newer devices have unified storage, where the entire Internal Storage is typically available for both app installation as well as data storage. Your device uses an obsolete method of partitioning. The main advantage was that you could mount the "internal SD" as an external USB hard drive when connecting to a computer. With unified storage, you have to use MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), which doesn't make every folder viewable on the computer.
    Sorry but my budget didn't allow for a newer phone! Anyway I've been reading up and there are ways to increase internal storage through SD cards but I need to root my device. Would you care to teach me about that? The only tutorials online for the Cubot s308 are ones that require Windows programs. Would you know how to do it on a Mac?
    10-29-2014 10:29 PM
    Try Towel Root. It's an app that runs on the phone so it doesn't need a computer. The worst that can happen is that it will tell you that it can't root your phone.
    Etrain75 likes this.
    10-29-2014 11:13 PM
    Try It's an app that runs on the phone so it doesn't need a computer. The worst that can happen is that it will tell you that it can't root your phone.
    Is it a Google Play Store app because I couldn't find it? However, I did find the website through Chrome on my phone but I did not know how to download it right off Chrome. Care to explain the process to me? Thanks again for all your help. UPDATE: Never mind I figured it out! I'll post back letting you know if it works!
    10-30-2014 07:06 AM
    Phone isn't supported. You have any other tricks up your sleeve?
    10-30-2014 07:14 AM
    i have a cubot s308 its not an OLD phone its just a chinese phone made May 2014 i have the same problem with the 16gb but i have worked around that for now i have a 16gb micro sd card and once that is in i got the option to move to sd (no root needed) i put 10 gb of music on the 16gb phone storage via usb so that its not entirely wasted ..i am still looking for a solution to this 16gb malarky ....one thjing the rom on Need roms that says it can give 4 gb for system dont seem to work ..it bricked my 308 .......but i recovered it and reset the original os ...if for any reason you 308 still dont show move to sd card try using app2sd there are a few different ones out there they all seem to work appart from the 16gb issue the phone is as good as my s3 samsung and as good as my apple 5s if i ever find a solution ill get back to you

....angie....
    Etrain75 likes this.
    10-30-2014 05:03 PM
    Thank you very much! It's nice to know there's someone else with the same problem. For now I've been moving what data I can from my internal storage to my 32GB micro sd. It's not the best method but it still works. I was looking at the same ROM you were talking about and was thinking of getting it but I am no expert in terms of flashing roms and rooting so I stepped away from that. Please to get back to me if you find anything!
    10-30-2014 05:37 PM
    its not an OLD phone its just a chinese phone made May 2014
    It may not be an old phone, but it uses an old and obsolete way of partitioning the memory, which to me is kind of worse--there was really no good reason for Cubot to do it this way, unless they were trying to cut a lot of corners.
    10-30-2014 11:23 PM
    I have the same problem. This is indeed an annoying situation, the guys on Cubot should fix this.
    The SD Card solution doesn't solve this problem completly, because there's always data and part of the apps that remain in the internal memory, filling it slownly but surely.
    Google should also not allow any implementor to do things like this. Of course, android is an open source OS, but they shouldn't make people's lives more difficult.
    Don't get me wrong, android is good, and its getting better, but there's so many annoying things about it. Like there's no way to backup your app data to restore it in another android device! That's weird, at minimum.

So, here we stand, on the verge of tecnology breakthrough, paying lots of money for it, and getting things like this? Why?
    Simplify, please.
    12-30-2014 03:43 AM
    I have the same problem. This is indeed an annoying situation, the guys on Cubot should fix this.
    The SD Card solution doesn't solve this problem completly, because there's always data and part of the apps that remain in the internal memory, filling it slownly but surely.
    That's not Cubot. Android was never designed to run apps from the SD card. The card is intended as data storage. That you can run some apps from the card is actually a bug (that, I guess, Google decided never to "fix", since it can be useful). But never buy a phone with minimal storage, depending on the ability to run apps from the SD card. Some apps just won't (any widgets, for example).

It's like Windows. If you have a boot drive just large enough for Windows you can't install programs, because the registry has to reside on the same volume as Windows.

Google should also not allow any implementor to do things like this. Of course, android is an open source OS
    Which mewans that, legally, they can't prevent it. They could make it closed source, but that would eliminate custom ROMs, rooting ... the cure would be worse than the disease. The proper cure is places like this - where people can be warned to not buy a particular company's products. Lack of sales is a strong motivator.

Don't get me wrong, android is good, and its getting better, but there's so many annoying things about it. Like there's no way to backup your app data to restore it in another android device!
    Helium?

So, here we stand, on the verge of tecnology breakthrough, paying lots of money for it, and getting things like this? Why?
    For the same reason that, in 1960, we had the technology to produce cars that would get 100mpg and we still don't have them. It's called "money", and the people who would lose if we did certain things. (In Android it's also the fact that Google having complete control over the entire process would give Android all the bad things iPhones are known for, and the "improvements" wouldn't improve anything. You can always buy an iPhone and be assured that no one is making one that has all the things that annoy you about Android.)
    12-30-2014 05:41 AM
    i have a cubot s308 its not an OLD phone its just a chinese phone made May 2014 i have the same problem with the 16gb but i have worked around that for now i have a 16gb micro sd card and once that is in i got the option to move to sd (no root needed) i put 10 gb of music on the 16gb phone storage via usb so that its not entirely wasted ..i am still looking for a solution to this 16gb malarky ....one thjing the rom on Need roms that says it can give 4 gb for system dont seem to work ..it bricked my 308 .......but i recovered it and reset the original os ...if for any reason you 308 still dont show move to sd card try using app2sd there are a few different ones out there they all seem to work appart from the 16gb issue the phone is as good as my s3 samsung and as good as my apple 5s if i ever find a solution ill get back to you

....angie....
    hello i had the same problem with cubot s308:10 apps and the memory was full
    the simple thing to do is to visit needrom.com,register and follow all the steps
    1 choose cathegory(your phone)
    2 then choose editing primary(it's the tirth from top left)
    this one gives you 6 gig rom
    follow all the steps correctly
    also to remove battery
    u can even choose between update to 4 or 6 gig
    follow all the steps i thakes about 10 minutes
    and you will have 4 or 6 gig ROM
    02-10-2015 01:25 PM