Hi I'm a web designer and have built a order form for a local pizza shop to recieve online orders.

The order notifications are emailed to the restaurants gmail account.

They then view the orders on a samsung Galaxy 3 tablet in the kitchen.

The problem is its a busy kitchen and orders come in via several means.

Therefore I need really clear - loud alerts which ideally repeat until email is opened.

Thought I'd throw this out to the community to see if anyone's also faced a similar conundrum or has any good suggestions

Thanks
    Tom
    10-29-2014 05:47 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is the volume for Notifications all the way up? If it is and you still can't hear it well, then you should try various other notification tones to see which one is loudest, because some tones are inherently softer than others. You can also download your own notification tone.
    10-29-2014 12:09 PM
    Open the notification tone file on a PC in Audacity (you'll need the lame encoder too - just click the button in Audacity to download it) and increase the level of the tone, then export it. If you import that file and increase the level, you can get ridiculous. But remember - the speaker in the phone can only put out a maximum volume - anything beyond that is distortion (which really doesn't matter in this case, as long as it gets their attention). I'd suggest a Klaxon as the starting "tone". (Look on Zedge - they have some pretty annoying ones.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-30-2014 12:19 AM