Why is my Galaxy S3 Mini crashing, then restarting but not switching on?

Aman211

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
My Galaxy s3 mini keeps crashing, then restarting but not switching on

I've started having problems with my Galaxy S3 mini. It just shuts down and then restarts. The only problem is that it'll come back on saying that my battery has suddenly drained to 1% and to put it to charge, then it goes to zero and switches off. Once it does that it continuously starts to restart only for it to switch back off & repeat the whole process of restarting my phone. I've tried taking my battery out and then switching it back on however it does the same thing. The only way to get it to come back on properly is to put it to charge. I added the Antivirus app by AVG hoping it might pick up on something but so far it hasn't. I do browse the internet on my phone a bit. Could I have gotten a virus? If so, how do I get rid of it?

Aman211

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: My Galaxy s3 mini keeps crashing, then restarting but not switching on

Thank you Golfdriver97 :) I did as you suggested but unfortunately rebooting it into recovery & clearing the system cache hasn't helped :/ Does this mean that my phone has a virus? Is there something else I can try?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Sounds more like a defective battery with an intermittent short. Fortunately, an "expensive" battery for that phone is about $10, and you get good ones for about $7.

Aman211

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

Thank you Rukbat, I did a little test to see if it was by switching it with my sister's (she has the same phone) and it did the same thing to hers not even 5minutes after putting it in her phone. I've had this phone for over a year now with that same battery-could it have damaged my phone as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781