Can anyone Help me connect my Oneplus One Android 4.4.4 to wifi?

sadanand1

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Help in connecting my Oneplus one android 4.4.4 to wifi

Dear friends,
I am working in an organisation which has wifi. When I login in any laptop owned by company with the given username and password, the wifi is automatically connected.
When I use the same username and password in my android mobile, the wifi is connected. But it do not work. The internet browser says you are offline. Actually the wifi is connected. But may be not configured correctly.

In laptop net properties the association is WPA2, data encryption is AES,
authentication is EAP type Protected EAP (PEAP)
Address type is DHCP.

Does anyone know how to configure such network?
Can anybody help me in this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help in connecting my Oneplus one android 4.4.4 to wifi

You'll actually have to talk to whoever administers the wifi setup. Android should connect to any wifi connection, just giving it the login and password - by default. All the settings are defaulted to the ones that should work (basically DHCP). If the wifi router (or, more properly, access point) has WPS, press (or have someone press) the WPS button, then press menu (in Wifi) and press WPS push button, and the phone should handshake the login and password and connect.

Another possibility is that the phone may be getting a local-only connection (a "limited" connection). Fixing that would be up to the wifi admin - your MAC address could be blacklisted, or could be not whitelisted, or something else in a setting in the wifi network could be keeping you from getting to the internet. (If the laptops are all owned by the company, their MAC addresses could all be listed as "permitted", and all other devices aren't. They'd have to add the MAC address of your phone as a permitted device.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21