To prevent all sorts of accidental activity when I hold the phone or touch the screen, I have all icons in a folder. This way it takes two actions to do anything but there are still five icons that falsely trigger all too easily.

Before I slide the unlock icon, there are two at the bottom of the screen and after I do slide to unlock, there are three others at the bottom. I am never really all that much in a hurry to use any of these. How can I move these into the folder?

I am really tired of having to be so dainty with the phone every time I pull it out of my pocket. Maybe I need a flip door to cover the screen. What a novel idea. Maybe I can call it a "Flip Phone". Yes, that's it. I wonder if I could patent that. Remove all the features and make it just a phone...

It used to be a problem with butte dialing. Now when I have the phone in my shirt pocket, I am tit dialing or taking pictures.
    10-29-2014 08:01 PM
    You should be able to remove all icons from the Favorites Tray along the bottom if you want. Or you can create folders in the Favorites Tray as well--at least, I can on my Nexus 5, the same way folders are created on the homescreen. Which phone do you have? You mentioned in other posts, but I can't remember. I'm not sure if Samsung makes it more difficult to create a folder in the Favorites Tray.
    10-29-2014 08:34 PM
    Or use a launcher with multiple favorites trays and default the phone to a blank tray and a blank homescreen. Or get a case for the phone that has a cover (basically converting it into a flip phone - you flip the cover open). Or keep the phone in a holster. (Since I remove the phone from my holster by grabbing the edges of the phone, I can't accidentally run anything.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-29-2014 11:35 PM
    I finally found a folding cover for the phone. IT seems to improve the situation.
    Now if I could get the phone to give me more than three seconds to answer before sending the call to voice mail.
    06-19-2016 12:00 AM