Bought an unlocked phone, but I think its locked?

Chainedmager

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I bought an Lg G2 from ebay, and it said it was Verizon Unlocked, but when I inserted my friends sim card (Metro Pcs huawei phone) it did not work. I was wondering if my phone was locked, or if Verizon unlocked means I could only connect to verizon branches.
Thanks.

davidblake

Banned
Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I bought an Lg G2 from ebay, and it said it was Verizon Unlocked, but when I inserted my friends sim card (Metro Pcs huawei phone) it did not work. I was wondering if my phone was locked, or if Verizon unlocked means I could only connect to verizon branches.
Thanks.

Well, if the other sim cards don't work with your device then definitely it's locked :( anyway to be sure I would advise you to try putting some other SIM cards and see if they works out or not ?? If you still find its doesn't work then its locked and you may need to contact the verizon branches for the unlock code or you can also try contact the person you purchased the device from, one more thing sometimes it also doesn't work because of the GSM bands like if you get an unlocked device from US then it should not work in other asian zones because US devices are locked to received different frequency . So, do watch it out ! and let me know how things goes for you !

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If iit asks for the unlock code, it's locked. Otherwise it's a different problem. ("Did not work" doesn't give us much to go on.) A VS980 (the model number) should work on MetroPCS, but you'll have to buy a SIM card from them - assuming that they accept that phone on their network. They don't accept all phones. (Many carriers do, most MVNOs don't.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463