Hello,
    I recently replaced the glass on my note 2. I heated the surface to 150-170 degrees and removed without any issues. Replaced with glass and everything worked fine. A week later my phones screen was acting up. Here is a video on youtube showing the issue.
    Google youtube RUJ60O3m8pI for the video showing what is happening on wake.

This only happens when waking the phone up. If I open it and fix the issue then use it and leave it on, the screen won't do this. It is only on wake.

Also if I press that spot before waking the phone it pops up correctly. It's like there is a loose wire somewhere but there are on 2 cables in that area and both are for the camera and something else?
    So weird, anyone have any idea what the issue is and how to fix it? I opened the back and nothing looks wrong. Any help would be great!
    10-30-2014 10:21 AM
    Without having the phone in hand, it's all pure guesswork, but it could be a loose cable connection, something got overheated, a solder joint loosened ... almost anything imaginable having to do with opening the phone or heat. It has to be opened on a test bench to find the problem (by someone who knows how to diagnose phone problems).

It looks like something that's not quite connected is heating up and making a connection after a few seconds, or some component is out of spec, but heating up from operating brings it back into spec - very strange, and very difficult to troubleshoot.

This is why I say that it's usually cheaper to pay someone to work on the phone than to do it yourself. Having someone spend hours to find the problem you caused could cost more than a replacement Note 2.
    10-30-2014 04:28 PM
    Thanks for the reply but forgot to mention if I press that point with my skin it fixes it. If I put a ziplock between my finger and pressing that area it won't fix it.
    10-31-2014 07:50 AM