Hi,

So, like I said after the phone is in stand-by, after a while, I can not get the screen to pop up anymore, I have to either keep the power button down and close it that way, and then reopen it, or remove the battery and put it back in. I`ve even changed the battery from another phone, of course another note 2. It doesn`t seem the be the battery that does this. While it`s not responding I can not get calls or anything else, basically it doesn`t shut down, cause I am by using the power button as I said earlier, it just freezes somehow my guess.

P.S. After all I`ve said I now think the phone shuts itself down, and I just pressed the power button and it opened the phone as it was shut down.

What is there to do ?

Thank you,
    Andrei.
    10-30-2014 12:20 PM
    Is there really no one with any input on what is happening with my phone ?
    11-09-2014 11:09 PM
    it just freezes somehow my guess.
    Good guess. It's probably going "blue sky", which means that something, probably in the kernel or Android or the Dalvik virtual machine is trying to execute code in a location where there's no code, effectively locking the computer up.

How to fix it? Considering the price of a good used Note 2 and the probable repair cost, it may be a better idea to replace it. Most shops would just replace the motherboard as a first try, and that's close to the price of a good used one. If they're wrong, it's going to cost even more.

What you could try first, though, is flashing the stock ROM again. If something got corrupted, but there's no hardware failure, that would fix it. (Use Odin and look on SamMobile Firmwares for the ROM.)
    Andrei Leon likes this.
    11-10-2014 11:35 AM
    I`ve been waiting for an answer for so long. Thank you so much for taking the time.
    Now, I did a factory reset on the phone and still the problem persists. But now it seems to be functional longer.
    Like I said, the Galaxy Note 2 has about 2 years and something, and at this point if the repair is like 100 euros, that`s just a waste right now, as you said an idea is to replace it.
    What I still don`t get it how come it works so well, like if I have the screen at all time opened it works, phone has no glitches, no damage whatsoever on it.
    It lasted even a day of using it, going into stand-by then using it again, but at one point the screen does not open anymore and I have to open the phone by keeping the power button on for like 5 seconds which basically reboots the phone, cause if I call myself while the phone is in the freeze state, the phone does nothing, but the caller does have a ring sound. What`s interesting is that even though the caller hears the tone, when I open the phone back up, I see no miss calls. I should mention the warranty is off.
    So no idea what to do with he phone right now.

Thank you again.
    11-11-2014 10:09 AM