Why can't I record and then send a vid on my HTC 1 M8?

A

AC Question

I can't record and then send a vid on htc1m8.

Just got htc1 m8. came over from iphone 5s. I'm in over my head on this phone. always says i can't send it. I assume it's too big :( iphone could send 3 min vids. how do I unlock limits, how do I record and send a vid in text?

been reading this forum. have swiftkey installed. but really need to be able to record vid and send via text. at least 30 sec. more like 1-2 min.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I can't record and then send a vid on htc1m8.

Welcome to Android Central! Videos are sent as MMS messages on Android, which has a pretty small filesize limit. So any HD video you take will likely be too large to send, or be really grainy if the messaging app compresses the file enough to send. Apple got around this filesize limit by using their proprietary iMessage system.

There are a few ways to send a large HD video on Android devices:

1. Upload your video to your Google+ Photos in the cloud, or to your Google Drive, and then share the link with your friend.
2. Upload your video to YouTube, and share the link privately with yoru friend.
3. Use Hangouts, which is Google's counterpart to iMessage. If you send a video via Hangouts, it's essentially uploading it first to your Google+ Photos, then sending a thumbnail to your friend via Hangouts. If your friend taps the thumbnail, they get linked to your video in your Google+ Photos album in the cloud.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc