Why isn't my phone establishing a reliable connection to the server?

A

AC Question

Can't establish a reliable connection to the server.

no idea why it has started to do this. It worked fine a few days ago but i went to the play store and it wasnt for connecting, thought nothing of it, but i went to try and get a few apps and it was still like that. I then reinstalled Cyanogenmod, thinking maybe it had somehow went bad, and when i went to put in my details, i got the same error message. I've tried my account on another device and it seems to work fine. I also tried to register another account, and it always says that this username is not available, also if i type in random gibberish into the log in section, it gives me the same error message "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server."

I can still connect to the internet, recieve calls and text messages.

My device is also a Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
I've sort of always had connectivity issues. Sometimes it won't let me phone a specific person, once before it refused to sync my emails. Not sure if the phone is dead or not, but any help is appreciated.

Tried a few things, something about going into the /etc folder in root but i dont have that on my phone for whatever reason. Also deleted all the data for all my google apps, again to no avail. Considered reinstalling the Gapps apk, but i have no way of getting it onto the phone as my computer has never detected it, and the app i used to transfer it over the network, i can't download as i can't get access to the playstore -.-

Pretty long winded but I felt i should include it all, just incase it can help you guys narrow it down.

To summarise though,

Couldn't connect to the google play store, reinstalled latest CM onto my S3 I9300, still couldn't log in.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks :)