I had set up my home screens with apps the way I wanted them and shortcuts to some contacts. Did all of this with no sim card inserted. Then removed the back cover and battery to insert sim. Powering up phone I noticed that the Home Screens were back to the original.

Is this normal behaviour?
    10-30-2014 05:39 PM
    You will excuse me if I don't try it on my own G3. So far as I know, removing the battery is the same in effect as powering off the phone via a long-press of the power button, and doing that has certainly never affected my home screens icon layout.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-30-2014 06:26 PM
    Well ... it has slightly more effect than that, Belodion. Turning the phone off keeps the "press the power button" circuit powered on, removing the battery doesn't. But the home screen settings are in "non-volatile" memory, so they won't get lost.

Edit:

To the original poster - are you sure you don't have 2 launchers in the phone, you set up one and after putting in the SIM you're looking at the other one? (I've set up launchers [homescreens] before putting in the SIM on a lot of phones and never had the launcher settings change just because I put the SIM in.)
    belodion likes this.
    10-30-2014 11:57 PM
    I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with the battery removal and everything to do with the sim insertion. If i remember correctly, my Sprint G3 did the same thing before i activated it. Like you, i had started setting up my homescreens, then i activated the device which returned it to factory default erasing everything i had done.
    However, i have removed the sim since then and have had no issues regarding that.
    Hope this helps!

Posted via Android Central App
    10-31-2014 12:02 AM