So I'm having issues right now... I had a bit of a mobile device nightmare this past week. My daily driver since about November last year was an iphone 5s. It's worked pretty darn good for me, not much to complain about aside from battery life, keyboard, and screen size. That is until i did the most recent ios8.1 update which has proven incredibly buggy, to the point where I can no longer rely on it.

I'm pretty much on my phone constantly and I have no computer terminal or desk phone while I'm at work for a large portion of the day. Email and communication tools are very important. But I also like to have fun and be informed. It seems right now I'm lost for which device to go with. I'm also on a budget and can't afford the latest tech at this time...

Essentially I have a $170 penalty for an hardware upgrade right now. I can't get a retentions offer or have it waived as I'm on a company buisiness plan. They also only do 3 year hardware terms and mine is up in a year from now. So I don't really want to burn my upgrade on an 'outdated' device seeing as how I can't afford a flagship device.

Right now I'm trying out a refurbished Note 3. I haven't run Android since the S2 came out, so it's a bit of an adjustment, but it's not bad. But it's huge, and I'm having problems adjusting to the size.

So heres where I'm at...

I strongly dislike the email client of Android. I don't know of any apps that may get me the functionality I'm looking for, but I would like something as close to the blackberry experience with email as possible. I'm talking one touch "mark all as read" as a major feature I'm constantly using. I also can't figure out how to make it so that I don't get double notifications from the galaxy email app and the gmail app.

I absolutley love the battery life.

No folders in the main app drawer. Only on the main screens. Or is this something I'm overlooking?

Looking for a way to block calls from rininging from specific numbers.

Looking for a keyboard that is as close to the Blackberry 10 keyboard as possible. I have never used a better keyboard than the touch keyboard on the BB10.

So essentially I want a phone that doens't exsist... something that has the BB10 keyboard and email client. The Galaxy customization. and the apple app and itunes ecosystem. I'm screwed aren't i?
    10-30-2014 05:39 PM
    So why don't you just get a bb10? You can pick up a z30 from shopblackberry.com on sale for $299 or so.

Posted via the Android Central App on a BlackBerry Z30
    11-01-2014 08:36 PM
    Another option - keep bugging both the carrier and the Apple store with the bugs. Eventually they'll get tired of your very legitimate complaints and offer you something just to get you to stop coming back.
    11-02-2014 12:37 AM