Hello, My Samsung Galaxy s3 is having issues charging. When I plug it in it says that it is charging and the red indicator light is on. It even says the battery is charging in the about phone section under settings. I have already purchased a new battery, blew out the port with canned air, and "levered up" the little tab inside the port, as well as deleting apps that are not essential. I have done basically everything except a factory reset, I really don't want to do that because I will loose everything on the phone. Is there anything else that I could try?
    Also this may be unrelated but the phone also has an issue with the SD card that is in the phone. In my notification bar it says "SD card is blank or has unsupported file systems" I don't really care about this issue as long as my phone will charge but I wasn't sure if it was related or not.
    10-30-2014 07:17 PM
    You don't say exactly what the issue is, just that it has charging issues. I assume that it doesn't charge. Turn the phone off. Take out the SD card (a bad card can cause charging issues). Plug in the charger. Let it sit overnight. (Also check that cable, that charger and that wall outlet out with another phone, to make sure that the problem isn't something outside the phone.)

If an overnight charge doesn't charge a fairly new battery, the phone has to go into the shop.
    10-30-2014 11:37 PM