I accidently cleared all my pictures in my gallery , how can i recover them?

A

AC Question

i was trying to free up space and i went into "my files" and cleared on downloaded stuff, not knowing it would clear out my whole gallery.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The Gallery scans all storage areas for photos, then displays them. The Gallery doesn't store photos itself. So the actual photos remain in whatever folder they're in--they don't get copied to a separate Gallery directory.

Unfortunately, if you deleted them, they're gone. Hopefully you can download them again, if that's how you got them.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If they're still somewhere on the phone, either restart the phone or turn it off, then turn it on again. The Media Scanner (the thing that finds all the media files on the phone and builds a database of them) runs when the phone restarts (unless you install a rescan app so you can manually force a rescan without restarting).

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
As one poster has stated, if you deleted them , they are gone. You should never tamper with files you want to keep unless you have backed them up to either the cloud or your computer.. Since I prefer redundant backup I use both sources...
Also if you want to free up internal memory you can backup to the SD card..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc