I woke up this morning and saw my phone had 1% before shutting off, so I hooked it up to charge. 15 minutes later I went to check on my phone and it kept making that noise it makes when you hook it up to charge but it kept doing it over and over again. It wouldn't stop. Finally, I just did a hard reset and the phone turned on but only for a second then it turned off and it will not turn back on and will not charge. When I hook it up to my pc instead of recognizing it as android phone it says UNKNOWN DEVICE. Windows says unknown device has no drivers. I know its not a battery issue cause I already bought a brand new replacement as well as power cords. Someone please help. Thanks
    10-31-2014 02:37 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you already tried a new battery as well as different charging cables and plugs, then the problem might lie with the phone's microUSB port. You'd need to bring it to a repair shop to evaluate and replace.

When you said you tried new power cords, did you also try a new wall plug as well?
    10-31-2014 12:57 PM
    yes, I have tried the wall charger, car charger, usb to pc and nothing. Actually, on halloween night, I was in my car messing with the phone connected to the charger. For a second, the screen flashed on showing the battery and 0% then shut off. It did this again after 60 secs. Any ideas on what I can do? Im new to Androids, so Im clueless. However, I know everything iOS. Thanks
    11-02-2014 01:32 PM
    It's surprising that in 15 minutes the battery got enough charge to go from nothing to be able to light the screen, even for a moment.

Plug in the charger. Let the phone charge for 24 hours. (The first couple of hours doesn't actually add much charge to the battery.)

In the future, try to charge at the 40%-60% point. A new battery is cheap (around $5), but why waste even that little? Constantly draining the battery to 0 every day will mean a battery replacement about twice a year. Charging at around 50% will mean the phone will be too old to be worth anything by the time the battery needs replacement. (See the numbers in the second chart at Battery University - How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries and figure it out. At 100% (that's 100% discharge, or discharging to 0%), you get 300-500 charges. 300 charges, if you charge every day, is less than a year. At 50% you get about the most life out of the battery. (My 2004 V551 battery, although probably not typical, is still giving me about 95% of full capacity. It's conditioned every 3-6 months if it's not being used, stored with 40% charge and almost always recharged at 50% or close to it.)

BTW, this isn't Android, it's lithium batteries - the same kind used in iPhones. They don't work differently for Apple.
    11-02-2014 03:14 PM
    yes, I have tried the wall charger, car charger, usb to pc and nothing
    What I meant was, did you try a different wall charger? The part of the charger that plugs into the wall can become faulty as well, so it's always worth trying a different wall plug (if you have one), separate from the USB cable itself.
    11-02-2014 09:31 PM
    I do charge my phone, I never let my phone's battery drain. Im a full Chef and student in school so I need my phone and I always make sure my phone has a full charge. I dont understand why this phone will not turn. It has nothing to do with the battery at this point anymore. I ran diagnostics on my PHONE and it tells me there are no drivers (on the device).

Also, when I say Android I mean Android, Im talking about the phone. I never called the battery an ANDROID. REALLY?
    11-06-2014 02:27 PM
    yes...I tried all. new, old, wall charger, car charger. Yes I have tried everything
    11-06-2014 02:28 PM
    I ran diagnostics on my PHONE and it tells me there are no drivers (on the device).
    The device in this case is the computer you're connecting the phone to. Try LG Mobile Phone Support.
    11-06-2014 05:27 PM
    After update my lg l90 optimus become ****... Literally **** no charge not even turn on hate lg
    10-14-2015 03:01 PM