Hi there, I have an Asus MeMo tablet. When I first set it up, I chose to encrypt the disk. This was an alpha-numberic encryption password. Check.

I also added a standard login PIN (numeric PIN).

So I have been using it just fine, but I recently decided to change my password. I changed it to an alpha-numeric (it had letters and numbers).

I "thought" I was changing the encryption password, but I think I may have changed the login PIN.

Now, when I try to turn the tablet on and log in, I get the "Enter PIN" screen, which only lets me enter digits 0-9.

I have obviously gotten confused between the encryption password and the PIN. But, my old PIN (numbers only) no longer works. I "think" I have to enter my new password (letters and numbers), but the PIN login screen only has numbers 0-9.

What have I done? How can I fix it?
    10-31-2014 12:42 PM
    To reset the PIN, see How To Unlock Android Phone If You Forget the Password Or Pattern Lock. To decrypt the phone if you forgot the password, go to the Black Hat USA 2015 (it's a meeting of hackers) and someone can probably hack into the phone. Short of that, all I can do is wish you luck.
    10-31-2014 03:45 PM