When I connect the USB cable to my PC nothing happens. I tried downloading Kies which also shows no connection. I've tried connecting to several PCs and none of them shows that the devices are connected. Any ideas?
    10-31-2014 01:52 PM
    1) Have you installed the Samsung USB driver on the PC? Without that (you can use Kies to install it) the computer sees an unknown device. No PC that doesn't have the Samsung USB driver will see the phone. You can download the driver by starting at SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.
    1) Have you installed the Samsung USB driver on the PC? Without that (you can use Kies to install it) the computer sees an unknown device. No PC that doesn't have the Samsung USB driver will see the phone. You can download the driver by starting at SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.
    trefoil likes this.
    10-31-2014 02:12 PM
    Thanks very much, but unfortunately that didn't help. I downloaded the USB driver but still nothing happens. I don't know if its because the device I'm connecting is a tablet and not a mobile phone or whether the driver should work for any android device. However, further the problem isn't that it sees an unknown device, but rather that nothing is seen at all by either the PC or the tab 4 (the only thing that happens is a beep from the tablet when I connect it to the PC).
    10-31-2014 03:41 PM
    Thanks very much, but unfortunately that didn't help. I downloaded the USB driver but still nothing happens. I don't know if its because the device I'm connecting is a tablet and not a mobile phone or whether the driver should work for any android device. However, further the problem isn't that it sees an unknown device, but rather that nothing is seen at all by either the PC or the tab 4 (the only thing that happens is a beep from the tablet when I connect it to the PC).
    10-31-2014 03:49 PM
    I don't know if its because the device I'm connecting is a tablet and not a mobile phone or whether the driver should work for any android device.
    That particular driver should work for any Samsung device.

However, further the problem isn't that it sees an unknown device, but rather that nothing is seen at all by either the PC or the tab 4 (the only thing that happens is a beep from the tablet when I connect it to the PC).
    Which means that the data connection from the phone to the PC is being made - the microUSB port and the cable are good. It still sounds like a software problem.
    trefoil likes this.
    10-31-2014 08:07 PM
    Remember it can matter on some computers which USB port you connect to... Try all if necessary. Reboot after device is found so that Samsung driver can be installed for that USB port.
    trefoil likes this.
    11-01-2014 01:22 AM
    Thanks. I tried all the ports first thing (on several different PCs), but it didn't make any difference. I know the microUSB port and cable are good, so I thought maybe there is some setting on the Tablet which needs changed, but I have no idea what that might be.
    11-01-2014 03:44 PM
    Thanks. I tried all the ports first thing (on several different PCs), but it didn't make any difference. I know the microUSB port and cable are good, so I thought maybe there is some setting on the Tablet which needs changed, but I have no idea what that might be
    11-01-2014 03:53 PM