Why won't my Nexus 5 turn on or charge?

A

AC Question

Nexus 5 won't turn on or carge

Hello guys,
Yesterday I shut my cellphone down and let it charge for 2 and a half hours. When I come back it just doesn't turn on and if I try to charge it, no Icon seems to appear. I have tried a lot of things, even plug it in my computer but the Icon still not appear but my computer can detect that there is a device but it can't find a driver for it. I've also tried to turn it on with the Volume and Power(all combinations possible) but it didn't work. The cellphone wasn't rooted. Sorry if you couldn't understand me... I am not a native speaker.
Thank you!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 won't turn on or carge

If it will not charge via the mains charger, or via your PC, it may be a failed battery, or perhaps the USB port in the phone. There are other possibilities, such as a problem with the power button or its associated circuitry, but I would get the battery tested first.

(Your English is excellent.)

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome as a new member.☺

You could well be right that the battery is not faulty, but it seems to me at least possible that it failed completely when you charged it. It could have failed in such a way that, even though it contains some electrical charge, it is unable to pass that charge to the phone. Or of course it could be some other type of fault, such as with the power button or some internal component.
Have you tried pressing the power button for a long time, such as one minute, to try to switch the phone on? That will sometimes work.
Although the battery in the Nexus 5 is not easy to remove, you could perhaps remove the back to make sure that the battery is making a good electrical contact, if you feel competent to do so.

This may help:
http://www.androidpit.com/how-to-manually-replace-nexus-5-battery

It may also be worth seeking further help in the Google Branded Android Devices & Accessories > Google Nexus 5 forum, whose members may be familiar with the problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20