Can an SD card from a water damaged Hawaui mobile, be used on a Samsung Galaxy Ace?

A

AC Question

Can a SD card from a water damaged Hawaui mobile, be used on a Samsung Galaxy Ace

My Hawaui was water damaged badly and I removed the SD card immediately to dry off. I have now a Samsung Galaxy Ace3 and inserted the SD card into it to try and restore contacts. All photos on the SD card are still on it, but no contact numbers.(storage says total space on SD card is 1.84GB). In settings, I am having trouble finding how to restore this SD to the new mobile as there is only how to format SD card (which I don't want to do)
Thank you
Sylvana

anon9020882

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can a SD card from a water damaged Hawaui mobile, be used on a Samsung Galaxy Ace

if you never backed up your data to your google account, then you can't get it from the sd card. If your contacts were on your SIM card when using the Huawei, they should show up when you insert the SIM card in the Samsung. Sorry, not much to do about this situation...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can a SD card from a water damaged Hawaui mobile, be used on a Samsung Galaxy Ace

And I'd suggest bathing that card in a little alcohol (plain rubbing alcohol) and rubbing it with a paper towel to get any dried minerals or other junk off it before it gums up the Ace. (Even if you can't see anything, unless the water was chemically pure there was dissolved junk in it that you don't want in your phone.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon