Why does my Samsung S4 Mini overheat and battery life drain really quickly as well?

Technoboss27

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Why does my Samsung S4 Mini overheat and battery life drain really quickly as well

I have taken my phone in twice because my phone overheats and battery drains quickly. They have sent it off to be checked and found nothing wrong with it, but it is still doing it. It can drain 30% off battery in 1 hour without me even going on it and it also gets very hot. I don't want to buy a new phone because I like this phone except for when it does this. Anyone know why??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why does my Samsung S4 Mini overheat and battery life drain really quickly as well

Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Also, do you have an SD card inserted? If so, a corrupt media file on there can cause the system's Media Scanner to get stuck on it, working overtime and causing overheating and battery drain. You might see something like "Mediaserver" or "Media" using lots of battery in the battery stats. Try unmounting the card in Settings>Storage, removing it, then rebooting. See if the battery drain recurs.

MaxieMo

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why does my Samsung S4 Mini overheat and battery life drain really quickly as well

Success!! Before reading this post, my battery had repeatedly heated up, drained, and totally shut down my phone. I thought it was the end of my phone's life. After reading this, I removed my SD card, and then reseated it and my phone sprang back to life, and no more heating up and no more battery draining. Thank you!!!