Bought new, unlocked AT&T S4 and am trying to encrypt it so I can use it my companies corporate Exchange environment. I have tried resetting it to factory default and once getting thru the initial minimal setup...I set a 6 digit lock screen pin and then try to encrypt the device. When I go to encrypt, it gives me the screen explaining the encryption process and tells me I need to set a 6 character password with at least 1 number. The only button available is the button to set a lock screen password. If I go thru that again...it takes me back to the screen explaining the encryption process. I never get a button to do the actual encryption. The phone is running just the default apps and Android 4.4.2
    11-01-2014 09:50 AM
    It's new, so bring it to AT&T and ask them for assistance. If the store personnel can't help, ask where the nearest Device Support Center is.

It could be a problem with your phone, it could be a problem with 4.4.2, it could be a problem with the S4 or it could be operator error (because they left something out on one of the screens that they were sure you'd know).
    11-01-2014 03:15 PM