How do I find my Samsung Galaxy S5 by using imei number?

A

AC Question

How do I find my samsung Galaxy s5 by using imei numbe

I have imei number for my phone which is been stolen today

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I find my samsung Galaxy s5 by using imei numbe

Welcome to Android Central! If it was stolen, I would report it to your wireless carrier, so they can blacklist the IMEI. That way, no one else can make calls using that phone.

The only way you can try to locate the phone is using Android Device Manager (at google.com/android/devicemanager), but this requires the phone to be on, and connected to the web. It also won't work if whoever has it did a factory reset.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Also report it to your local police. Some police departments take a cellphone theft seriously as a theft, and will actually try to find it. Also, any insurance you may have on the phone may want a copy of the police report.

BTW, once you report the phone as stolen to your carrier, you may have a hard time getting it unlisted as stolen if you get it back. Check with them about how to make that easiest at the time you go to them to report it stolen. (They may make a copy of some identification, which can then later be used to unlist the IMEI.)

twinma04

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
my sons S5 was taken we had just taken it off from ATT so it was not active but i have the imei . we wanted it for his backup phone. i hate how people take advantage of his nice nature. being he has aspbergers. how can i possibly track it ATT said they cant do anything

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry to hear that -- some people just plain suck.:mad: But if I may ask, why do you want to track the phone? Do you actually hope to recover it? If you've already reported it as stolen, AT&T has already blacklisted it, which means no one can use it as a phone any more (including you, if you somehow recovered it).

If you still want to locate it, your main options would be Android Device Manager and Samsung's Find My Mobile. Have you tried either of those?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

You can't track a phone without having set it up to be able to be tracked before it was stolen.

Chalk it up to experience, and next time activate Google Device Manager and/or Find My Mobile. You can also install apps like Cerberus, Prey, or Lookout.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance