I bricked my s3?

c0muz

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, sorry for my bad English, I can't speak it very well...
I have a s3, with android 4.3, some day the Samsung logo was on my screen and I can't move it from there, then the Samsung logo disappear and the screen was white with black lines, like a TV with interference, and I just can go into DOWNLOAD MODE, no more, I can turn on, I tried to flash with Odin and the error of "NO PIT FOR MAPPING", appeared me, I tried with a lot of PIT files but I can't solve them, can you help me?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's only 1 PIT file that's correct for each ROM. Find the ROM for your model of S3, for your country/carrier, and try to flash that, including the PIT file. Try at SamMobile Firmwares (you'll have to create a free account to download the file if you find one).

Your English is fine. I probably couldn't even say I'm sorry for the way I speak your language in your language. (English is about the only language I know more than a few words in.)

c0muz

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for reply, is my first question here.
I tried with a ROM of Sammobile, but the ROM of my country/carrier just come with a tar.md5 file, no a PIT file. I tried with a ROM of 4 files, but the error "RE-PARTITION operation failed", appeared.

Thanks man, I think you can speak my language, is very easy, is the Spanish.

c0muz

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for reply, is my first question here.
I tried with a ROM of Sammobile, but the ROM of my country/carrier just come with a tar.md5 file, no a PIT file. I tried with a ROM of 4 files, but the error "RE-PARTITION operation failed", appeared. I don't know what I should do.

Thanks man, I think you can speak my language, is very easy, is the Spanish.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Trust me, if you heard my Spanish, you'd feel very ill, at best. Calling it terrible would be a compliment. While your English is barely far enough from what I'm used to that I can tell that it's not your first language.

As far as the phone is concerned, are there any Samsung repair shops there? They probably have the same tools Samsung uses here in the United States (with different ROMs, of course) and can flash the phone properly as long as Odin sees it. About the only time I've seen that fail was with a Note 3 of mine that blew some ROM during an update. You can't fix blown hardware with software.

c0muz

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
MODELO: GT-I9300
SSN: -I9300GSMH
FCC ID: A3LGTI9300 A

PD: Tiene un 12.06 en la parte de atrás, he oido que posiblemente sea el modelo que venga con la muerte subita, porque es de 16GB y es azul, pero no sé, la verdad desconozco mucho sobre esto, segun los foros que he leido en Odin no deberia aparecer el modelo pero en mi caso si aparece.
En Odin aparece esto:
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9300
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom

PS : It is 12.06 in the back , I heard possibly the model that comes with sudden death , because it is 16GB and is blue, but I do not know , really do not know much about this, according to the forums I've read Odin the model should not appear but in my case if shown.

So... I messed up my hardware with a bad ROM?? Help me!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781