I just updated my Samsung Galaxy S III. Before the update my phone had its normal problems but still worked fine. I clicked 'restart now' and my phone rebooted. Ten mins later I looked at my phone and it was frozen on the start up screen. I removed the battery and it began to start normally. However the screen would only show 3cm of colour and the rest would be black. I locked and unlocked it and sometimes more would load a little bit more, sometimes less and sometimes it would completely load but then it would run so slow that it would freeze and go back to 3cm colour. The touch still works however the screen does not. This was not a problem before the update. What happened and what can I do to fix it? I need my phone to get back home and the update has ruined it.
    11-02-2014 12:41 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Hmm, I would have waited maybe a little longer, just to make sure the phone wasn't taking an extra long time to finish the update. If the phone was still working on the update, then removing the battery in the middle of it might have bricked the phone.

See if you can boot into Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2..

If that doesn't help, you might have to consider flashing the stock ROM via Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-via-odin.html
    11-03-2014 01:29 AM