Can I use a card reader to put files on my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4's SD card?

A

AC Question

I have some self taken .mp4 movies, some mp3s and some .pdf files I would like to load onto the Tab Pro 8.4's 64meg SD card I just installed. Seems like it would be much easier to do unmounting the SD I just installed and using a card reader. I connected it to my laptop and the tablet was recognized. However, it is not obvious where to put these types of files. The Tab's file manager app shows "Music", "Videos", etc., but I don't see that in Windows Explorer.

I'm a brand new Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 owner. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I believe the media programs will see the files wherever you place them. Putting then into a directory based the type is only for you to be organized.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The normal way of doing it (so you keep your sanity) is videos in a folder named Movies (case counts in the phone), mp3s in a folder named mp3 or Audio and pdfs in a folder named Documents or PDFs.

That way, once the card is back in the phone, and you use a file manager to look at the external card (not the sd card - there's an area of internal storage called sdcard), you'll be able to tell where the file you want is. (In my mp3 folder, I have folders for Ringtones, Alarms, Notifications and Music. Those names matter, if you want the files in the folders to show up when you're choosing a ringtone, notification tone or alarm tone. They don't have to be in the mp3 folder, but they have to have those names in most phones.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante