I've only had this phone for about 2 months and I must've dropped it on the ground when I was walking and someone picked it up because when my friend called my phone it didn't ring so someone turned it off. When we searched the places we walked I found my case inside a trashcan near an entrance (so they could've found it outside) ripped off from the flip case. I already asked the security to check the surveillance cameras and they said they couldn't find anyone who might've stolen my phone. I want to know what the thief can do with my phone since it has a pattern lock on it. Will they be able to use it if they just switch the sim card? I also want to know if there's any other ways to find my phone.
    11-02-2014 08:20 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I would contact your carrier first. Let them know what happened. They should be able blacklist the device so that it won't be able to work. As for other ways of finding your phone, most apps or services that can do that for you usually require installing and setup of the app before something like this happens.

You can try Android Device Manager, but If you didn't set your phone up before hand, I am not sure how much help that can be.
    11-02-2014 08:28 AM