I've been having this problem for a few days now, if I receive a call from a 3rd part app such as Viber or Skype while the phone is locked, it will sometimes start vibrating as someone calls me, however the screen stays locked and is unresponsive. The phone also does not stop Vibrating, I have tried to force shut it down and it take 5-10 minutes to shut down.
    11-02-2014 11:28 AM
    I've been having this problem for a few days now, if I receive a call from a 3rd part app such as Viber or Skype while the phone is locked, it will sometimes start vibrating as someone calls me, however the screen stays locked and is unresponsive. The phone also does not stop Vibrating, I have tried to force shut it down and it take 5-10 minutes to shut down.

Ok... I got the fix (well my fix) .. I hope it's somebody else's too! Gotta give it back when I can!
    Although I had checked every setting in each individual app... The vibration continued until....*
    Go into the settings for your phone. From there I went to the category of "Application Manager" click on the Hangouts application. From INSIDE the Hangouts category of the Application manager I manually disabled the application. Since it is not a third party app and comes pre-installed to the device it cannot be uninstalled completely(unless your phone is rooted). After disabling the app you'll need to also uninstall any updates on the Hangouts app (you should have a box above the disabled button that says "uninstall updates". Click on that box. One last thing is to un click the notification and auto updating for the Hangouts app. This will be found to the left of where you just uninstalled the updates and disabled the Hangouts app.*
    That's it. Hope it works. Feel free to contact me for assistance since I know you're new to the Android World
    04-14-2015 05:10 AM