Why is my Galaxy Note 2 able to take photos and videos but can't display them--eventually seems to delete them?

A

AC Question

Galaxy Note 2 takes photos and videos, but can't display them--eventually seems to delete them.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2: Two problems, likely related:

1. First, I noticed that the last 5-10 photos I took did not show up in Gallery, or in Quikpic. Couldn't find them anywhere. Looked on Dropbox, and it showed when I took them and their file names, but message said, "this photo can't be previewed" or similar.

2. Took some video today, and later tried to view it, but in Gallery, it showed a black screen with with a 'play' arrow, but pointing the wrong way. Behind the arrow was what appeared to be a circle with 4 (?) dots in it. Restarted the phone, and now there is no trace of the either the videos or the missing photos from problem 1 above.

Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 2 takes photos and videos, but can't display them--eventually seems to delete them.

Welcome to Android Central! Where are the photos and videos saving to by default--Internal Storage or the external SD card? If it's the SD card, perhaps the card is corrupt. See what happens if you change the default storage to Internal Storage, or try a different SD card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol