Why is the APN Type greyed out?

A

AC Question

APN Type Is Now Greyed Out

I bought a brand new LG Optimus G Pro from Newegg a few months back. It was unlocked when I bought it from them. I bought it to use with Straight Talk. I have had no issues with sending or receiving sms (picture) text messages after I had set up the APN values as dictated by Straight Talk. Until a few days ago. I noticed this after I refilled my monthly service plan and was unable to receive a picture text message. I went in to my APN settings to see if there was an issue and my "APN Type" was set to "default" and greyed out. I can no longer put in the appropriate values there and that is the essential element (from what I have been told) to make the sms work on my phone through ST. How can I manipulate my phone to get that option to allow me to put in the APN Type values needed? Thank you in advance.

davidblake

Banned
Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: APN Type Is Now Greyed Out

I bought a brand new LG Optimus G Pro from Newegg a few months back. It was unlocked when I bought it from them. I bought it to use with Straight Talk. I have had no issues with sending or receiving sms (picture) text messages after I had set up the APN values as dictated by Straight Talk. Until a few days ago. I noticed this after I refilled my monthly service plan and was unable to receive a picture text message. I went in to my APN settings to see if there was an issue and my "APN Type" was set to "default" and greyed out. I can no longer put in the appropriate values there and that is the essential element (from what I have been told) to make the sms work on my phone through ST. How can I manipulate my phone to get that option to allow me to put in the APN Type values needed? Thank you in advance.

Well, if that Grayed out means the settings may be lost you can try calling the straight talk representatives and ask for the APN settings to be send over to your device again and once they sends you the settings you can install it over your device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol