Why is it when I take a photo in the dark (with flash) there is a red shade on one side of the photo?

A

AC Question

When i take a photo in the dark (with flash) there is a red shade on one side of the photo.

This only happens in dark or dimly lit surroundings and with the flash being used, i thought it may be a reflection from my hand being to near the flash, but even holding the camera in different positions it is still there, it is not fluorescent street lighting either, or any other kind of light pollution. The shading is always the same depth & colour and fades in the same place. I thought there maybe some kind of imperfection on the lens but upon a close inspection there doesn't seem to be. My phone isn't in any kind of case so the lens & flash are unobstructed.The phone model is a Samsung Galaxy GT 19195 Android version 4.2.2
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Iain

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: When i take a photo in the dark (with flash) there is a red shade on one side of the photo.

Welcome to Android Central! Although you already mentioned that you examined the lens, did you try cleaning it thoroughly with a microfiber cloth?

Also, does the side of the red tint correspond with the side of the photo that's closest to the flash?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would guess that it's the glare from the flash. Not sure if this is a common issue, or if there's just some problem with your lens glass that is letting more glare show up. Or maybe your LED flash is extra bright for some reason.

Iain58

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Once again, thank you for your input & help. Unfortunately it can't be either of those solutions because the lens is on the outside of the flash, if that were the problem then the shading would be on the other side of the photo. Time to have a closer look at my warranty I think.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech