I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 & yesterday my phone said it needed to update the software, so I agreed. Now my phone will not go past the Samsung logo & it just flashes. I have tried many things I have read on sites & even watched videos on YouTube but they are no good! I have also gone into Android System Recovery & wiped my cache but still nothing seems to be working. Somebody please help me, I have only had this phone for 1 year!!
    11-03-2014 04:45 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I would go back into recovery and do a reset.
    11-03-2014 10:11 AM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 & yesterday my phone said it needed to update the software, so I agreed. Now my phone will not go past the Samsung logo & it just flashes. I have tried many things I have read on sites & even watched videos on YouTube but they are no good! I have also gone into Android System Recovery & wiped my cache but still nothing seems to be working. Somebody please help me, I have only had this phone for 1 year!!
    If going into recovery and performing a factory reset doesn't help then you may need to contact Samsung for further assistance. They may require you to send the device in for replacement. Contact your carrier as well and see if there's anything they can do. This seems to be an issue caused by the update that may require replacement.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    11-03-2014 10:11 AM
    If doing a reset doesn't fix it, forget Samsung. Your carrier broke your phone, so your carrier is legally responsible for fixing or replacing it. (All courts go by the "you broke it, you own it" rule.) Just bring it to them, tell them what you posted above and ask them to get it working. (The warranty on the update started at the time the phone updated.) You may have to go to a different facility of theirs to get the actual repair or replace done - they'll tell you.
    11-03-2014 11:41 AM