Why won't my Samsung S4 battery recharge?

A

AC Question

Samsung S4 Battery Problem

Hi
I have a samsung s3 which I got an upgrade to the S4, so I sold the S3 but before I sent it to the buyer I done a factory reset. Im not sure if this caused it but afterwards the phone does not charge.
When the charger is plugged in there is no response at all. I tried the battery with the charger in a friends phone and it charges fine. I still thought it was the battery so I got this replaced and the phone switched on and the charger worked when I plugged it in the charge sign came on and it did charge the battery.
I sent it to the person who bought the phone and on arrival they had the same issue as me when the battery dies the phone does not switch on or respond when the charger is plugged in, however the person bought a new battery and the phone again charged fine until the battery died and then it does not charge? The person has sent the phone back to me.
I have done the home button, volume up and power button to clear cache and factory reset as well as tried various chargers and also tried charging from a computer and my car all had no response.
Has anyone any suggestions either what could be causing it or how to fix it.

Thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung S4 Battery Problem

It definitely sounds like a hardware issue, or possibly related to the charger. Try another charger to charge the device. If that doesn't stop the issue from happening then it's something else internally with the device, which may require replacement.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung S4 Battery Problem

Discharging a lithium battery to absolutely 0 disconnects the battery internally, because charging a fully discharged lithium battery can result in a fire or explosion. (Even discharging it to 1% or 2% all the time shortens the battery life to about 6 months.) The battery should normally be recharged when it gets down to 40%-60% for longest battery life.

Most phones shut off before the battery gets fully discharged. Evidently this one doesn't, and allows the battery to disconnect itself. Tell him to stop abusing the battery and the problem is solved. (I know - we all want every last ounce of power from the battery. Batteries that can do that, and can power a cellphone, weigh about 5-10 pounds. You can't do it with a lithium battery. See Battery University - How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries for more information.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance