Why is my Galaxy S5 not remembering my previous location-passwords?

glljansen

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Why is my galaxy 5s not remembering my previous location-passwords

Up until 2 weeks, WiFi was easy to handle. Whereever I went, and a WiFi network was available, I asked password, and even after months of absence, returning to the same location, the Galaxy automatically switched from 4G to the local WiFi network and still had password in its mind.. very practical. For uncertein reasons, today, my Galaxy recognizes the WiFi network easily, but askes me every time to enter the password again.. very enoying.. who knows about a possible setting or solution? Thanks in advance. Guido

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why is my galaxy 5s not remembering my previous location-passwords

Is it one location or more than one? I ask because if it is seeing the WiFi network and remembering it your device should not require input of the password again. I'm assuming that you have "notify me of WiFi networks" enabled in your WiFi settings. Which should automatically connect when in range of a known network. However, some networks rotate passwords, and others require that you agree to terms when connecting after a period of time, but if neither of those is the case the question is why is your device not retaining the information for the network? When looking at your WiFi list of remembered networks does the one or ones that are now asking for passwords still appear in the list? Do the passwords you have for that location or locations still work? Are you using any kind of battery management app that enables or disables WiFi based on any criteria?

grantbowen

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why is my galaxy 5s not remembering my previous location-passwords

I have a similar problem with my S3. It remembered some older passwords but any new hotspot was forgotten.

I rooted the device and edited data/misc/WiFi/wpa_supplicant.conf. I copied one hotspot section and pasted and edited it to match my second home router.

Now all new hotspot passwords are being remembered

Posted via the Android Central App