So I've been using my Nexus 4 pretty much since release. I always used the OTA updates and never rooted or unlocked or anything like that. However one day my phone softbricked (I was running 4.4.4 (KTU84P) at that point).

So I went into it and unlocked and started trying to apply stock images, followed all of the factory reset steps etc.

What I found was that now my phone will softbrick with every version of Kitkat past 4.2

The phone constantly reminds me that there is an update to 4.3 available - however if I choose to install it will go through the process normally and without error only to, guess what, softbrick on boot.

I have also tried to flash every stock image from 4.3 to 4.4.4 as is available on the Factory Image page and have had no luck. The kit I'm using to flash is Wugfresh, I don't know if that makes any difference.

It's entirely possible that this is some kind of hardware failure that can't be fixed - but I wanted to throw this specific problem out there to see if anyone else has had this and can offer a fix. I am out of ideas.

Otherwise I'll have to get a new phone or upgrade - something that I want to avoid right now financially.

Thanks if anybody can help!

Daniel
    11-03-2014 12:28 PM
    1) From what I understand (I don't have a Nexus), Wugfresh is the way to go. It works.

2) I'd contact Google. Or maybe look around or ask at Google Nexus 4 - XDA Forums first. Some of the prople there probably know the phone as well as some of the people who designed it.
    03-29-2015 08:34 PM