Why are all my Playlists showing 0.00B?

A

AC Question

My Playlists are all showing 0.00B

I have a half dozen or so playlists on my LG LGMS769 / Android ver 4.1.2. They all disappeared over the weekend off the music app I use (now the app only shows time-based playlists, 'recently played', 'recently added', etc.). I looked in the file manager and the playlist files are all still there, but they're all showing 0.00B in size. What might have happened to the data (and if it disappeared why did the files themselves remain?) and how can I restore them? I have it mostly backed up on my PC, so it's not a disaster, but I'd like to know for future reference. Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Playlists are all showing 0.00B

What might have happened to the data
It got deleted (or the files got rewritten and no data was written to them).

(and if it disappeared why did the files themselves remain?)
That's how operating systems work. If you open a file for writing (not appending), it opens with no data - it gets created as a new file.

and how can I restore them?
From backups.

I have it mostly backed up on my PC, so it's not a disaster, but I'd like to know for future reference.
Without monitoring the computer itself (the Linux part of the phone) when it's happening, people can make guesses but one guess is about as good as another. It's one of those things that can have many causes and we can't tell which one occurred this time after the fact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad