i have note3 neo latest android version (4.4.2 i guess) and Sony bravia hx75. both these devices have wifidirect.
    so do i need a seperate dongle for screen mirroring
    or
    no extra device is needed?

regards
    sicunder
    11-03-2014 01:12 PM
    I know that the phone will work with a Samsung TV, and I know it won't work with a Vizio TV. While researching how to put my Note 3 (not the Neo) on my TV, I came across Miracast. That should work on almost any current Android phone (I've never tried it.).

The Note 3 works with Chromecast, using the Chromecast app (see Cast your Android screen from the Chromecast App - Chromecast Help) but I don't know if it will work with the Neo. Install the app (it's free). If it doesn't refuse to install, go to Walmart, buy the Chromecast, making them understand that it may not work with your combination, and you want them to remember you if you bring it back for a refund. (It's probably not necessary, but I made a point of it, just in case. I don't accept a web page as being 100% correct.) You have 15 days to return it. Then try it. Once it's connected and your TV input source is Chromecast (and it'll take a while to update to the latest firmware), run the app and follow the instructions at the link. (The "navigation drawer" is the 3 bars at the upper left.) I use the USB cable for power - you can wrap it up pretty small and tie it off with the Velcro strip that's on it, making it a neat package behind the set. Nothing shows but the light on the Chromecast reflecting off the wall when you turn the TV on (if the room is dark enough).

I'm fussy - I like it. (My grandkids each want one now. - along with half the world.)
    11-03-2014 06:00 PM
    Thanks Rukbat
    03-29-2015 03:45 PM