Hey guys, for the last 2 months I have been experiencing a awful battery time on my gs4 at most I get 6 hours a day, and today I got 3 hours before having to charge it. I have been searching for a fix and have yet to find one. I also know that what is taking up my battery and it is android system and android OS. They are the main battery suckers. I'm going to attach a picture of my battery and hopefully you guys can help.
    Thanks,
    Drew
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy s4 battery-1415051501865.jpg  
    11-03-2014 03:52 PM
    Does anyone know how to fix?
    11-03-2014 05:03 PM
    Welcome to the forums.☺

Your radio signal is bad, and that won't be helping the battery. But before we go any further, could you use the phone normally for a day, then before you recharge, post a screenshot of your battery stats? Also give some idea of what you used the phone for during that time? That will help with diagnosis.
    In the meantime see whether powering off the phone for a few minutes stops whatever it may be that is causing the high Android OS and Android System battery drain.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-03-2014 05:45 PM
    Thank you very much I will make sure to screenshot before charging ☺
    belodion likes this.
    11-03-2014 06:17 PM
    Android system and Android OS (and the screen if it's on a lot) should be the largest battery users.

If the battery charge-to-charge time decreases sharply, it indicates a battery nearing the end of its life. If you regularly discharge the battery as far as you can (or even way down), you'll get about 300-500 charges before the battery has to be replaced. If you regularly charge it at the 40%-60% point you'll get about the best usage. (If you need more than 60% of the battery to get you through the day, buy a spare battery and swap them mid-day.)

We can make batteries that can be drawn down to zero every charge cycle, and last for years - but one with enough power to run a phone would weigh between 5 and 10 pounds. (Lithium is the lightest metal. A lead battery can take more abuse, but lead is a pretty heavy metal. A lead battery large enough to power a phone is also a bit larger than most phones.)
    11-03-2014 11:29 PM
    So its normal that android OS takes up 50% of my battery? Also I just ordered 2 new battery's so hopefully that will help
    11-04-2014 07:44 AM
    Google System and the OS should normally take around 25%. But that's not 25% (or 50%) of your battery - it's 25% (or 50%) of the amount being drawn from the battery - which could be 99% of the total charge, or it could be 1% of the total charge. That list of apps with percentages is the percentage of the amount of battery that's been used. Look at the graph on top to see how much has been used total, then use the percentages of that. So if, say, 38% of your battery has been used (on the graph) and Android used 50%, Android used 19% of your battery.

I normally see Android (System + OS) running a bit under 25%, but that depends on the usage of the phone.
    11-04-2014 01:05 PM