Hello, if anyone has any suggestions/answers on this I would be very grateful:

- When turning on the Samsung Galaxy S II (model SGH-I777), it gets past the Samsung logo and onto the AT&T animation, which freezes about 2 seconds in (and will stay that way until the battery dies).

- When trying to enter recovery mode (in the hope that wiping the phone will make a difference) by pressing the on/off and up+down buttons on start-up, I get the green android robot standing with its chest open, with a blue polygon spinning in its chest. I don't know what this usually means, but it stays this way for a few minutes before restarting and freezing at the same point with the AT&T logo at start-up.

- This phone had some water damage a long time ago, resulting in it not responding to being plugged in to anything (I charge batteries externally), but apart from this has had no issues and was working fine until yesterday when it froze during normal operation and I pulled the battery. Is it time to give up on it?

Thank you in advance,
    11-03-2014 04:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That button press combo might not be right. Review this guide, and focus on the steps for the S2: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    11-04-2014 01:48 AM