I purchased my Galaxy Tab 2 a couple of years ago and recently had an issue with charging. I accidentally noticed the cable was frayed where it was plugged into the tablet, so I bought a new charger and it worked; for a few weeks. Now, frequently I see an X across battery icon and it seems to take forever to charge. As of the last time, however, it does not charge at all. The last battery pctg. was 27%. It WILL turn on right now if I push power button, but the battery charge (blue animation) icon does not show up when I plug in charger. I left it last night at about 40% and when I turned on today, it was only about 42 or 43 as I remember. I was wondering what the expected life of the battery is and if that may be the problem. I will admit (despite advice to the contrary) that I have frequently left the charger plugged in during use.
    11-03-2014 05:30 PM
    OverUSING is the most common problem. Charging circuits these days shut off when the battery is fully charged. But discharging a lithium battery until it cries shortens its life.

The expected life of a lithium battery depends on how deeply it's usually discharged and what temperature it's kept at. Overheating shortens the life, even it it's just leaving it in a closed car in the summer.

Charge the battery when it's down to about 40%-60% for best life. You can pretty much leave it plugged in 24/7 these days. (Start at Sharing Battery Knowledge Essays & Feedback - Battery University if you want to learn about lithium batteries. Cadex is one of the leaders in the industry.)
    11-03-2014 11:22 PM