Hi
    I have a samsung s3 which I got an upgrade to the S4, the phone was working fine until I done a factory reset, Im not sure if this caused it but afterwards the phone does not charge when switched off.
    When the battery runs down it switches off and does not turn back on, when the charger is plugged in there is no response such as the vibrate of anything on the display.
    I have charged the battery in a friends phone then put the battery in mine and turned it on which works normally and it charges fine when the phone is on still nothing when i switch the phone off and try to charge.
    I tried the battery with the charger in a friends phone when it is switched off and it charges fine.
    I still thought it was the battery, so I got this replaced and the phone switched on and the charger worked fine when plugged in to the switched on phone, however no response when the phone is switched off and the charger inserted.
    I have done the home button, volume up and power button to clear cache and factory reset as well as tried various chargers and also tried charging from a computer and my car all had no response.
    I have also tried to download a few apps to see if they could pick up any issues with the phone in general or the battery, but nothing showed up to be an issue.
    Has anyone any suggestions either what could be causing it or how to fix it.

Thanks
    11-04-2014 02:17 AM
    Hi
    I have a samsung s3 which I got an upgrade to the S4, the phone was working fine until I done a factory reset, Im not sure if this caused it but afterwards the phone does not charge when switched off.
    When the battery runs down it switches off and does not turn back on, when the charger is plugged in there is no response such as the vibrate of anything on the display.
    I have charged the battery in a friends phone then put the battery in mine and turned it on which works normally and it charges fine when the phone is on still nothing when i switch the phone off and try to charge.
    I tried the battery with the charger in a friends phone when it is switched off and it charges fine.
    I still thought it was the battery, so I got this replaced and the phone switched on and the charger worked fine when plugged in to the switched on phone, however no response when the phone is switched off and the charger inserted.
    I have done the home button, volume up and power button to clear cache and factory reset as well as tried various chargers and also tried charging from a computer and my car all had no response.
    I have also tried to download a few apps to see if they could pick up any issues with the phone in general or the battery, but nothing showed up to be an issue.
    Has anyone any suggestions either what could be causing it or how to fix it.

Thanks
    Well, I am afraid but that looks like the problem is with the device charging IC, I would say better would be heading out directly over to the nearest support for fixing this one up. At first I was also thinking the problem is somewhere with the device charger or battery but as you have already cleared the fact the the problem is not with the device external hardware means what left for you is to ran a check over the internal working of the device and I somewhere feel that there are some issues with the charging IC which use to cut the power off if the device remains connected with the charging adapter for a longer span of time in order to prevent the damage. I would say if you are having an active warranty on this then that would be a plus. Anyway head out and let me know if anything other than getting over to the store fixes your problem up !
    11-04-2014 02:32 AM