When I download a file, if I drag the top fo the screen down when it completes, it's listed and I can click it and open it. However, once I clear the notifications it's gone. It's viewable in the downloads app, but it's nowhere to be found using the stock file manager as well as ES File Explorer ("show hidden files" is checked even, though I don't know why they'd default to that). I backed all the way out using ES file manager and did a search for the full filename and "expanded the search" and everything, it's simply not there anywhere. Yet if I click it in the downloads app it opens immidiately, so I know it's here somewhere.

One of them was a video file, which I was able to view the properties on, it said the file location is:

content://download/all_downloads/<insert random number here>/Filename.ext

There's no "content" folder anywhere on my device, and when I navigate to the "download" folder on my SD card (as well as on internal), there's no sub-folder called "all_downloads".

Where are my files disappearing to?
    11-04-2014 04:32 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! There should be a folder called /storage/sdcard0/download or /storage/emulated/0/download.
    11-04-2014 12:04 PM