Why aren't my SMS messages always sending on my Droid Turbo?

A

AC Question

SMS messages not always sending on Droid Turbo

I've had the phone for a little less than a week and on numerous (10+) occasions I will have simple SMS text messages that do not send. If I resend they will succeed. My prior phone was the Droid Ultra Maxx and never had that issue - even when operating in the same environment. Not sure if it's a sensitivity issue or a design issue. Anyone else seeing this?

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: SMS messages not always sending on Droid Turbo

I was having this problem on my G2....I tried everything to fix it, to no avail. I finally did a full factory reset on the phone and never had the problem again. I also regained significant battery life. Sometimes an app or an os update just doesn't load correctly and funny little problems crop up. If you're using the stock messaging app, then I would try a reset. If you're using a 3rd party messaging app, try uninstalling and using the stock app....could be a compatibility issue.

Jerad Burley

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

I am having the same problems. Just started the other day and it seems to be tied to when I am at home. Everywhere else it sends fine.

EDIT: Ok so I think I might have figured this out. I turned off the 'Home' mode by tapping 'Not Now' and the message sent fine instantly. Maybe it's an issue with the Moto Assist app or something.

Rac66

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

I have this problem constantly (I text a lot). I don't use Moto Assist, so that's not the cause for me. I've noticed it happens when the phone is involved in other data transmission (downloading emails, etc.), so I wonder if this is related to Turbo's issue with no support for simultaneous voice and data...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

I have this problem constantly (I text a lot). I don't use Moto Assist, so that's not the cause for me. I've noticed it happens when the phone is involved in other data transmission (downloading emails, etc.), so I wonder if this is related to Turbo's issue with no support for simultaneous voice and data...
Since, to the network (and the phone), text is voice, it probably is.

hancered

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

I am having the same problem on my LG G2. have performed a factory reset...........no change
Tried Handcent SMS........ no change.

Any advice?

Shaloxeroligon

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I've been having a similar problem. Everything has been working just fine on my phone until yesterday evening. My phone suddenly was unable to send SMS messages. It could receive them just fine, but since last night, every single SMS I send fails. I get a notification that says "message not sent."

However, I can send MMS messages just fine. It's very strange. I tried switching between the default messaging app and Message+, to no avail.

Any advice?

sharjeel_1991

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
i just solved this problem... i was facing the same thing after updating my turbo.. and ended up with solving it by downloading Go Sms Pro from google play store.. you can try this too.. now i can easily send msgs from my droid Turbo (Marshmallow)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38