My screen is broken and I am unable to access the phone usb settings even with a mouse, can anyone help me?

A

AC Question

broken screen, unable to acess phone usb settings even with a mouse

Well i did alot of research, i have a android phone, made by ARCHOS, im not really sure what android version it supports but it should not be too old sice i bought the phone half a year ago, well the screen broke, no part of it works except a little patch that just presses random buttons on the pattern lock, ive tried adding a mouse but that didnt work, so my question is how can i enable the usb mode on my phone so i can get my stuff of it ?
*no the phone dosent show up on my pc

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: broken screen, unable to acess phone usb settings even with a mouse

Welcome to AC :)
Unfortunately, you would have to enable USB debugging from the dev options, which is found in the settings on your phone. You'd need to turn that on manually, and since the display is not responding, is most likely not going to be possible.
What data did you have on the phone? Contacts? Photos/videos?

Martin Mull

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

erm actually they are weadding photos, many photos actually, some videos of events, work documents, callendar, and phone numbers

Martin Mull

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

i know it dosent sound like much but the photos have very highemotional value, documents are important, and the calendar and contacts are the most important sice i only had those on my phone

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

i know it dosent sound like much but the photos have very highemotional value, documents are important, and the calendar and contacts are the most important sice i only had those on my phone

Pictures and stuff are always important to me since they're irreplaceable -- so I understand. Unfortunately if you didn't back these up before hand as UJ said it would be very unlikely to retrieve them. For the future always backup photos and irreplaceable things via a cloud service such as Google Auto Backup.

You may be able to check with a repair shop near you to see if they can replace the screen for you -- Or fix whatever is causing the issue. That way you can retrieve them.

Martin Mull

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

thanks for taking your time to answer my question (both of you) .. and ye i guess ill need to get it fixed then to get them back, thanks alot anyways

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37