Water damage to my Galaxy S3, but its not turning on?

A

AC Question

A day and a half ago I dropped my phone in water, but immediately removed it and took out the battery and dried it with a paper towel. I was not at home at the time so I did not put it in rice, but I eventually did (once I got home). It was in the rice for a day and then we laid it out on my mantle all day. I returned home from school and put my phone together and plugged it in but nothing is happening. the LED light is flashing as if I recieved a message but that's it........What should I do???

Martin Mull

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
well, im not an expert but as far as i know when a phone that is on is dropped into the water it can get its circuits fried or damaged, dryingthe phones works forthe old ones but, in my experience 2/5 smartphones actually work after, with problems but ye, try leaving it to dry off for a bit longer, water could still be somewhere in the phone, and i guess its the type of situation where you have to hope for it to survive most phones are not built to be waterproof

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Uncooked rice, the cyanide of cellphones. Read Wet Phone. What should you do? Look on Swappa. The descriptions of the phones listed there are pretty accurate. As for your phone, donate it to a repair shop to use to train new techs. They'll owe you one if you need a little help in the future. (New screen, new motherboard, new charging port board, cleaning the frame completely ... Fixing yours would cost about as much as a new S3.)

My standard line is that if your pants fall down at the same moment your phone hits the water, get the battery out of the phone, and get the phone into alcohol, before you pull your pants up. Those 2 seconds can make a difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance