Why is my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-19195 battery draining fast?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-19195. Huge battery drain help please!

Hi, about 3 months ago I noticed that my phone was losing so much battery life for no reason when idle. When it's fully charged and I leave it idle for about 3 hours, there is around 30% drain. So then I decided to give my phone to the repair and after waiting for one month, the guy from the repair tells me it's fixed and I went back home and switched on the phone. I already had noticed that the battery was draining once again. After not touching my phone for one month, I tried downgrading my phone to 4.2.2 but still the battery drains. I sincerely don't know what the problem is, I'm too lazy to bring it back to the repair guy, (Note: I used to drop my phone like 4 times a week average?)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-19195. Huge battery drain help please!

At the end of a normal day's use, before you recharge, take a look at your battery stats. What do they indicate as being the main users of charge, apart from Screen, which normally tops the list? If you're unsure about what the stats mean, post a screenshot of them on this forum and we'll try to interpret.

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-19195. Huge battery drain help please!

Another thing to consider is that the battery may be at the end of its life. Discharging it almost all the way all the time will give you about a year's use. Keeping it in a hot car in the summer will shorten its life. If you want to learn about batteries, start reading at Sharing Battery Knowledge Essays & Feedback - Battery University

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34